6.08.2011

Sky with Diamonds


I've always been obsessed with the 60's ad 70's. Ever since I can remember I've been fascinated with the whole way of life. The clothes, people, and the music are so amazing, I just wish I could have been apart of it. Not until I discovered vintage photographs of my mother did I really realize how much I loved the decades. She was the ideal flower child.  In her class pictures she resembles that of Twiggy. Thin, with long blonde hair parted right down the middle, micromini or babydoll dress, and make up that makes her look like the girl with kalediscope eyes. She was iconic.
In highschool I wrote a paper on Woodstock, which involved intense researching, and after that I knew I was meant to be a hippy child. Whether it's the Beatles, or the bohemian-hippy-bold fashion, something about that era grabs me. Those who know my secret vices will say that it is completely normal to walk into my room, and see me laying on the bed with candles lit listening to the best of the Beatles (a secret that now everyone knows). Their music is never going to go out of style. It seems that everyday something old becomes a new trend. Mostly in music and fashion, but even the mentality seems to be making a comeback.
Brigitte Bardot





Woodstock



Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol

Francoise Hardy


Twiggy

Diane Von Furstenburg
They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol


 xxo
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment