7.27.2011

Hot Hippie

Currently I'm reading Steven Tyler's autobiography, Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?, and I am literally obsessed. My obsession started a couple months ago when I saw an interview with him and he was talking about his ever-so-famous style. He answered a question someone had asked and said, "If you don't think you can wear it, then you can't. You have to think that you rock it, and you will." I thought that was brilliant and so true. So many times people say they can't pull something off, and if you have that mentality you won't rock the look. I sometimes go out of the box and wear things others probably wouldn't, and people may not get it, and I don't really care. Their are probably a handful of people whose opinion I'll ask& care what they think. But even then, I am my own fashion critic, if I want to wear it I will& you will learn there is no stopping me. Tyler says that people used to make fun of him and what he would wear, " I just told them to F- off", is how he responds. He is wild and I love that.


So naturally I am going to do a Steven Tyler/hippie/ 70's themed post. Everything shown is everything I've ever loved. Which is why I am so in love with the seventies era. Big hats, big flare jeans, big platform heels( my obsession) big bold jewelery, and big patterns. Everything was so Big& Bold and made a statement, that to me, is the ultimate idea.


Peace
LOVE J.Campbell
Singer22: Flare Jeans
Free People

Winter Kate Kimono

Courtesy of UrbanRoyalty. FP pants.




Winter Kate top
Be jeweled.

Haute Hippie

 Make a statement, don't be afraid to be different&try new things. If you feel good in it that's all that matters. Oh and go buy his book it is AMAZE!
 xxo-


Sara


Looks from Singer22 shopbop FP

No comments:

Post a Comment