5.18.2011

9-5 Girl

9-5
Working girl with some flare




Since I've been home all I've heard about is working, and jobs. Everyone in my house is working, and most of my friends have been job searching since we returned home. All I want is just to relax, but naturally that is not even an option. I will start working at my dad's new hotel at the beginning of June, and so will a lot of my lovely friends who I volunteered to work with me. But for those of you who are still searching, I figured most girls never know what exactly to wear to an interview and/or the first days of work. In my experience I sometimes only served as entertainment at work. My co-workers would tell me they were always making bets, and interested to see what I would be wearing next. Obviously I have always taken my job extremely fashion-serious, so I thought I'd share some tips.


Don't be too revealing, nobody cares how nice your body is, you're going to get the job because of your personality. Avoid super short and tight skirts and dresses, and if you must try and make it classy with a blazer or conservative top. If you are allowed, add some color! It's summer and just because you are stuck inside or behind a cubicle doesn't mean you can't add some happiness to your outfit. I always try to add jewelery to my outfit, I find that I feel naked without certain items. A chunky ring or bold necklace is enough, no need to go Liberace on everyone. Like I've mentioned before GAP, Banana Republic, and J. Crew are lifesavers for work attire. Grab some items from each, and add your own flare you will be golden.


Hope that helps
xxox- Sara




No comments:

Post a Comment